Monday, December 15, 2008

Losses

My sixteen-year-old cat, Sinclair, ran away last week. Totally weird since he always sticks really close to the house when he gets outside. We even saw him on the fence (how he got up there, I don't know) but thought he'd come straight back. I'm pretty sure somebody took him in, which is good. It's kind of sad that he's gone but, I have to say, life is much easier without a cat. It does mean the loss of a really good, early 90's obscure tv-reference name though.

I'll be out of a job at the end of the month. A bunch of people got unceremoniously yanked off the air and/or sacked today. Happy Christmas. I'm an independent contractor and work from home so it didn't affect me quite the same way. I can bill them through the end of the month. Pretty nutty around the office today, I heard. Gotta love the radio biz.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your kitty and your job! I hope you are able to find new work soon. Too many people are losing their jobs right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to lose a pet no matter the circumstances. I'm so sorry. Also, that sucks about your job. I'm in the same boat as you know but I just keep telling myself that "this too shall pass..."

    ReplyDelete