Friday, December 14, 2007

Do as I Say Not as I Not Do

Squeaker used to have a very difficult time keeping her room clean. Not just messy, I mean truly disgusting. So now that we have been blessed with a nice house, I have been on her about keeping the room clean and sanitary. Some of her belongings are in storage because she became overwhelmed with too much stuff (which also became missiles launched during tantrums) and she has been doing a fair job of keeping things neat.

MY room on the other hand has become a storage shed for the kid's outgrown clothes, assorted books with no home shelf to return to, unwrapped Christmas presents, unfiled filing, and toys that "the Boss" brings in here for convenient and noisy playing while I am working. Since the vacumm cleaner needs a new bag, there are also diamond shaped scraps from the paper snowflakes I have been making for our Christmas eve festoonery. SO....my project today is to get everything put away and in order so I don't have to feel that twinge of hypocrisy whenever I tell the kids to get their rooms picked up. Of course, if they would take over all the cooking, cleaning, shopping, laundering, taxiing, yardwork, not to mention my work-at-home job then my room would be spotless.......NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment