Wednesday, July 16, 2008

House of Loud

Lower your voice. Use your indoor voice. Use a quiet voice. Stop whining, use your words. Be still. Stop drumming, banging, kicking, stomping, tapping. Don't slurp, smack your lips, crack your knuckles, whistle in the car, scream in my ear. Stop talking, complaining, begging, shrieking, baby-talking, tattling, yelling, screaming, crying. No more barking, squeaking, baying, cackling. That's not a polite word, don't use it again. You already asked me that...asked and answered...please don't ask me again. I've already heard this story, joke. Okay, I'll hear it again. I might want to see that movie, don't spoil the ending for me....too late. Turn down your radio, movie, video game, amp. The point of headphones is so the rest of us don't have to listen to your iPod. I can still hear it. I can STILL hear it.

Pointless words. Wasted breath.
Thanks for listening.

That is, if you could even hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment