Thursday, October 30, 2008

Oh, So Close

For those of you keeping score at home....we did not make it all the way until bedtime without the return of the snark.

She tried on a tone when I asked her after school if her room had been picked up this morning. Annoying but not too bad.

She caught up on chores when I told her that was prerequisite to tonight's pumpkin carving.

She took a shower and went off to bed when I asked her to. So far so good.

Then she came back downstairs for water when I headed into my room to check email. When she dropped ice all over the floor no one said a thing. So she talked back anyway. "I KNOW!" Lucky said, "No one said anything." She replied, "I'm just heading it off. The word that begins with 'L' and ends with 'E'". (I'm assuming lecture?). Then she picked up the ice cubes and threw them at the sink sending ice splinters everywhere. What a strange world she must live in where she argues with herself and then blames it on others.

As she left the kitchen, she swiped Peaches' camera off the counter. Ana called her back. She shouted, "WHAT?" (I heard her all the way upstairs). She claimed to be taking it upstairs to Peaches. Ri-ght. When told to put the camera back because it wasn't hers she complained about getting in trouble for "doing something nice for someone" then slammed the camera onto the counter and snarked herself off to bed. Yeah, that's real nice.

Almost made it....but not quite.

2 comments:

  1. LOL you weren't giving her reaction so she gave it to herself?? Part of that totally has to be being a teenager, too. I was such a snarky, moody piece of work. I should call my mom tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I remember well.....the years when it's so hard to be misunderstood and so hard to NOT be misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete