Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving All

My laptop crashed and burned again so I have been neglectful of my working and my blogging but I'm back up on my borrowed replacement which I'm thankful I had not yet returned.

Drama Boy left yesterday and I'll blog on that tomorrow.

For now, just wanted to post my thankful list before I figure out how to transport fresh out of the oven pies.

On top of my list, I'm thankful that the adoptions on all my children are finalized at last. I love having to fill out forms now because I get to put their new names! God has blessed me with the gift of two beautiful daughters and a sweetheart of a son and then (dyenu!) bonused me with a grandson. They make my life so sweet despite the challenges.

I'm thankful for wonderfully loving and supportive parents; amazing, courageous, fun brothers and sisters and their spouses who are like brother and sisters. I'm especially thankful for my twin sister Ana, partner in crime since, well, before birth. Without her to laugh with about the craziness, I would have quit after the first few kids.

I'm thankful for my fun, funny, and adorable nieces and nephews....yes, the big ones are adorable too.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to minister to foster children, even though often we don't get to see the fruit of our labor, and for the churches and individuals who help us continue to do so.

And I'm thankful that we have a savior and redeemer who steps in and holds the broken-hearted, places the solitary in families, and loves us no matter what.

Have a blessed and happy day filled with much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment