Friday, December 26, 2008

I Should Have Worn My Serious Shoes

Made it through another Christmas! This one was way better than the last few years. Actually make that the last seven years since we started fostering.

Everyone was appropriate and grateful both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day----although not so much helpful with all the added cleaning up that the holidays require but I'll take what I can get and be happy with it.

We're having a very pleasant visit with C, teenage brother of Stickers. He's polite and easy-going just as I remember him when he was younger and lived with us.

We only had one small incident between the girls. Why do teenage girls have to be so snarky to one another for no reason at all? It's not the occasional rude remarks that get to me it's the justification afterwards. This time "Well, the truth hurts sometimes." What the heck? And when I suggested that when faced with the choice of being kind or unkind the right choice is kindness, she turned and walked away from me pulling out her cell phone. Whatever. I was done anyway as nothing I say makes a dang bit of difference.

And maybe it's just me, but I did feel just the slightest bit ridiculous addressing the situation while wearing sock monkey slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment