Thursday, January 15, 2009

Am I in the Wrong House?

Yesterday was a pleasant day and not a single kid was noticeably angry for any part of it (which is quite the feat around here). I did household chores like crazy all morning and then took the middles and littles to the park in the afternoon. We had pasta bake and garlic bread for dinner which the kids all seem to really like although it's not my favorite. I just loaded up on salad. Sometimes I make "kid food" dinners so all the kids can eat and enjoy without picking things apart. Everyone finished up chores without a fuss and the older girls did a few extra jobs in the kitchen. Squeaker and Lucky even went into their room early for the night. Peaches gave the little boys a bath and watched a movie with them in her room. Stickers and Shorty snuck out for ice cream and brought me one too. Very nice.

Makes us sound almost kind of normal doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. Isn't almost normal weird? It feels that way to me sometimes after living in this RAD warp for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those "normal" days are like coming up for air after being stuck in the water for too long, aren't they? And I agree with Lisa. Normal is weird...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true....and your lungs are about to burst before you get another "normal" day.

    ReplyDelete