Monday, March 9, 2009

"Some Beach....Somewhere"*

Squeaker's behavior is tanking again and I am not handling it well. I am so over and done with being screamed at and called names by her. My patience is worn thin and I'm having a hard time getting a grip on my reactions.

I did laugh at a couple of her rantings today though. I said something about her being barely out of childhood and she said, "So's your mother!" Huh? That doesn't even make a good joke. She also likes to tell me how old and wrinkled and decrepit I am and today I laughed at that too. Until she slammed a bench into the wall and made a dent. I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her away from the wall and told her to just get up to her room away from everyone else. That was the wrong thing to do (obviously, you say) and it unleashed a torrent of "F--- you!"s all the way up the stairs along with a lot more slamming.

That kid brings out the absolute worst in me and I feel terrible about it. Although most days I'm able to keep myself pretty much in check.

What we are doing is not working and we need to try something else.

Plus, the pharmacy is having some sort of problem with the insurance and we won't have all her meds for the morning.

Find a happy place.....


*Blake Shelton

No comments:

Post a Comment