Friday, June 19, 2009

What's On Your Mind?

I'm "on" Faceb**k but I rarely check in. The main reason is that reconnecting with old friends and family and reading updates makes me realize that I don't lead a very "normal" life. Sometimes I feel quite envious. Also, I don't get the whole Twitt&r thing. The minutiae of my life doesn't even interest me all that much. I can't imagine why anybody else would read it.

Of course, this blog was created primarily as a survival tool, aptly named since it's here that we unload the stress of the daily snarks of life with older kids who come with loads of "history". Often, negative? Well, yes because this is where we dump the negativity around us with some snark of our own which we attempt to withhold from the actual real life encounter.

For example: Squeaker talked back tonight in a totally rude, disrespectful tone. I told her, "You may not speak to me like that." She replied, "Why not?....the Bible says we're all created equal." Actually, dear, that's the Declaration of Independence. BUT SEE? I didn't actually say that last part out loud. I sucked it back and saved it for here.

Okay, if that is my greatest accomplishment today it's not much to brag (or "tweet") about, I realize.

And all that rambling was just to say...I learned on FB that an old friend of ours just started a great family website called Twigable which focuses on things that are positive and praiseworthy. It's geared for "normal" folks so if you are one or used to be or hope to be, for goodness sakes click away from this cesspool of negativity check out her site here.

2 comments:

  1. I am having such a great time reading your blog posts. It makes me realize how sad it is to grow apart from good friends. And though life has taken us in different directions, I wouldn't say mine's been normal - I'll have to share some time. But I am deeply moved as I read these posts. In fact I think I will read all of them slowly to be reminded of how good God is and how amazing my two friends are that I once shared sweet potato tacos with over Brigadoon. I love you two and I am amazed by your experiences. Thanks for the shout out. Off to Oregon for vacation...hope to see you all when I get back. Codie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times, those. I'll also never forget our Escondido summer of Hungry Jack bisquits with grape jelly! Blessings to you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete