Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Little Black Dress

Last summer, Lucky's grandma bought her a little black dress. Grandma asked Monica if she thought the dress would be appropriate for church. Hmmm...well, not our church. Maybe for a cocktail party but not for a (then) 11-year-old to wear to church.

Lucky brought the dress home. She wore it for Halloween with a pair of black wings. She asked to wear it to school. No. She asked to wear it to a party. No.

No. No. No. No.

It's not appropriate for school. In fact, I can't think of a single place where that dress would be appropriate for a twelve-year-old. Those were my exact words last week when she asked if she could wear it to school not once but TWICE.

Yesterday, she called her friend to RSVP to her 10th birthday party. She spoke to the girl's mom and, after hanging up, said, "Her mom told me I'm supposed to wear a black dress." (Ri-ght.) "Hey, I have a black dress."

Um, no. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment