Tuesday, December 18, 2007

There Arose Such a Clatter

The littles have been arguing, tattling, begging, and making demands loudly every day, all day, all week.

He took my car. He hit me. You be quiet. Get off my bed. That was you. That was not me. No you can't. You took my spot. Don't say that. Stop it! No you stop it! Right now! What the heck? Don't talk to me. You can't go right there. I want a cookie. THERE'S A SPIDER! Open the door! Shut the door! I don't want to take a nap. I want to eat. I don't want to eat. I'm going to FREAK out! You give me juice. I want Transformers/Thomas/Bob the Builder/Spiderman/skateboard. That's not yours. NO! YES! NO! YES! Heeeeeyyyyy!!!! He's pushing me. You can't do that. No you not. Yes I can. I can't. Ewwwwww....he farted. That was not me that was you. Get OFF!

We're a pretty loud household. I guess everybody thinks they need to yell to be heard over the others and the little guys are no exception. They argue loudly over everything including, this week, a pair of dirty socks that they both thought was theirs. We, of course, get to enjoy the accompanying whines, shrieks, squeals, growls, raspberries, and shooting/blowing up noises that go along with their conversation. They also mimic perfectly the name-calling and "tone" from the older kids. Charming.

The rest of the kids continue to recover uncustomarily quickly from outbursts (can anybody say "Christmas is coming"?) but are still originators of almost constant noise. Drama Boy playing video games and guitar, Sparky drumming on every surface he can reach, Squeaker talking and/or singing during all waking hours, the boys wrestling and chasing one another up and down the stairs and all of them bantering, arguing, bargaining, chatting about thier friends and their day at school.

However the winning argument of the week went something like this:

Guy.
Don't say that!
Guy.
Don't say that!
Guy.
Don't say that!
Guy.
Don't say that!
Guy.
DON'T SAY THAT!

Yep. I don't even know what that means. Are my ears bleeding?

No comments:

Post a Comment