Thursday, September 25, 2008

Radio

We're from San Diego. It's a great city and we miss it even though we visit frequently and still go to church in one of the northern suburbs. We know many social workers there. Even some that don't know us personally know us by reputation after having fostered hundreds of kids. We haven't heard good things about our new county's department of children's service and have chosen so far not to be relicensed here.

However, there were very many good reasons to move a year ago and we are mostly happy with our decision.

One of the benefits is that we now can listen to Christian music radio which we did not have in San Diego (the country stations here are not as good but that's another story). Since I've banned the rap and R&B stations, it is especially nice that the kids have found and enjoy alternative Christian music. It's great to hear them singing the words of uplifting songs like the ones below rather than the suggestive lyrics from some of their old music. Thanks Air1! (P.S. I know he's not alternative but a little Steven Curtis Chapman in the mix couldn't hurt.)
Third Day "Call My Name"


Brandon Heath "Give Me Your Eyes"


Stellar Kart "Life is Good"

5 comments:

  1. Yay for the Air1 plug!!! I'm a photographer and I volunteer my "services" for the local KLOVE station concerts (their sister station). Pretty sweet deal - hubby and I get into concerts free and I've gotten to meet Third Day, David Crowder Band, Jeremy Camp, Building 429 - and more but I'll quit bragging ;) haha. Alas, now with three kids I'm having lots and lots less time to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work in Christian talk radio. We had a few music shows so as P.D. I got to go to Gospel Music Association week in Nashville and met a lot artist too including (several times) my absolute fave SCC. Third Day is my second absolute fave of all time and I didn't get to meet there but got to say hi at a press conference before a Billy Graham Crusade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At a meet and greet I gave my business card to Mark the guitar player and said they should call me to photograph their next album artwork. hahahahahaha I instantly felt ike an idiot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I have an embarrassing story too...or at least I should have been.

    Many years ago we had an interview lined up between Steven Curtis Chapman and one of our hosts and I was going along to handle the equipment. Before I left Ana said "Say hi to Steven for me!" So when I met him and was shaking his hand I said, "I'm supposed to tell you Ana says 'hi'." Of course, I could see the wheels churning in his head trying to figure out if he was supposed to know her so I told him the story. Poor guy...but it was kind of funny. He signed a cd for her "Hi Ana". I'm such a dork but at least he has a sense of humor unlike some artists I recorded that week.

    I'm kind of shy so I just did my recording thing, took lots of notes, and enjoyed the concerts. But one of my show hosts was buddies with half the artists by the end of the week. It was hilarious watching them shout out across the hotel lobby to him. SO not me but always a kick to hang out with people like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to miss that job sometimes! I bet you have a million stories :)

    I would love to meet SCC and his family. They are so amazing. I have always loved him - but after seeing the way that the family praised God through losing their daughter. Wow.

    ReplyDelete