Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Allegations

The investigator left a little while ago. She actually wasn't a regular allegations investigator but the new social worker on Drama Boy's case.

DB didn't know anything about it and she said he was surprised. So I'm thinking based on past experience that the mom or grandma are at it again.

Kind of along the lines of the "cold hotdog" allegation of a while back, she asked questions like "How often do you get his hair cut?"; "How often do you buy him clothes?"; "How often does he get allowance?"; "Do you think you give {Lucky} preferential treatment?"; and "Do you make him walk home from the park late at night?".

Sounds a little like the things mom and grandma come up with based on his constant whining and complaining about everything.

She wasn't asking me, she was asking Ana and I was just eavesdropping. Ana was a lot nicer than I would have been about some of the ridiculous, made-up accusations so probably a very good thing that she wasn't asking me. These boys and their mom have basically said they will say whatever they need to to get what they want, yet all allegations have to be investigated no matter how far-fetched.

I wonder why it is that they have a hard time recruiting and retaining foster parents?

1 comment:

  1. I almost said some not nice things, then reminded myself he is a child. I'll bite my cheeks and simply say you are saints for letting him stay.

    ReplyDelete