Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Caved

But only on the not going to school part.

She took meds this morning and was reasonably cheerful and cooperative. I had some errands to do including changing Peaches' name at the school district office and getting out to vote. Plus the borrowed computer I'm on is a bit on the painfully slow side so it takes me longer to get work done. I really was just a big ol' wimp and didn't want to deal with rude and cantankerous while I had a lot to do today so I let her go.

I did tell her I was going to call her teacher and counselor and drop both the choir and teacher aide classes. Her only mainstream classes will be math and english. IF we add a third mainstream next semester it will be an academic class like social studies and that is only IF she is in compliance with rules at home and at school. She will also need to take her evening meds as soon as she gets home from school so it will be easier to make sure she is complying on that point.

I spoke with her teacher and he did not have the whole story either but agreed with me that she was manipulating everyone into getting what she wanted. He was trying to stall her so he could talk to me about the switch but she went directly to the counselor without a pass and got him to agree to it. From now on she will not be allowed to make any changes to her schedule directly with the school counselor. He thought it would be good for her to have the responsibility but I can hardly agree that it is appropriate for her to be traipsing around the campus when, even at home, line-of-sight supervision is required nearly all of the time.

She was not happy with how things worked out for her this morning but after all the lies were confronted she really wasn't in a position to continue to argue.

1 comment:

  1. You really didn't cave that much. She took her meds, right? :) In the end you won.

    I'm kind of miffed for you that the counselor thought it was ok to change her schedule. If that were my kid I'd not be too happy about it.

    ReplyDelete