Wednesday, February 6, 2008

All "Funned" Out

Since Sparky's refusal to get on the bus for the after school program, I received a call from the director who wanted to know my decision regarding his attendance. She told me that "they really don't want to dismiss him" but that they could not deal with his behavior towards the bus driver and stated that "he just doesn't want to be here." Doesn't want to be there? So what? Life with an oppositional child means that he gets sullen, angry, defiant and abusive when asked to do almost anything...including activities that he begged to do in the first place.

Despite my reluctance to give in to this kind of manipulation, I don't want to make it the problem of the "Fun" program so I'm withdrawing him and converting our membership to drop-in only. The program director's relief when I informed her of this was almost comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment