Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jumble

Drama Boy is almost slappy-happy at the idea that he might get to stay. This is after weeks and weeks of screaming, crying fits that he had to live here. What this kid's birth family does to him is maddening. Being happy here makes him disloyal to "the family" and they let him know it constantly.

I found Sparky crying yesterday when he was supposed to be coming to the table for dinner. I asked him if he was sad and he said yes so I told him it as okay to have mixed-up feelings about what was going on. I rubbed his back for a while and then asked if there was anything I could do and he said "No, that's okay". He came and got his dinner shortly after that and thanked me and Ana for making it.

Except for coming back after dark an hour late from a friend's house (a stranger helping emphasize the need to be where you are supposed to be by saying to them as they passed "Boys, I have your names tattoed on my a**."), they have had exemplary behavior the past few days.

Sad what it takes to get that from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment