Sunday, September 14, 2008

Different Day, Same Old Stuff

Quiet weekend with Lucky and Drama Boy gone on visits.

DB's mom and grandma must have been working on him the whole weekend. The first thing he said to Ana when he got in the car was "Can I go live with {Sparky}?". At dinner he asked Ana "When can I move?" and then laid his head on the table and moped when she said she could not discuss it with him so stop bringing it up. Here we go again. The social worker predicted that he would return from the visit asking to move after spending time with his family. The judge quite severely warned them to stop discussing the case, including placement, with the boys. But they have blatantly disregarded the judge's instructions and rulings for months now.

Lucky and Squeaker were wild and loud at bedtime, Squeaker smart-mouthy too so I hope they enjoy their earlier bedtime tomorrow.

The Boss, while somehow calm and well-behaved at Auntie L's house, has a complete inability to be still or quiet at home. He squirmed all over the seat at dinner then bounced all over the room while getting in his jammies and then flipped, kicked, wiggled and somersaulted all over the bed before finally falling asleep. I was laying on the bed with him reading until the constant bombardment of his flailing hands and feet about drove me batty. That kid needs to get over his fears and sleep in his own bed before he sends me completely 'round the bend. I keep piling up pillows and telling him not to cross them but the little furnace tells me he wants to be right next to me and rolls right over the top crashing into me, stuffed cats, dogs, and bears tumbling behind him. Then he says in his sweetest voice "Sorry mommy for kicking you and bumping you." and "I'm not scared when I'm with you."
Awwwwww.....okay, one more night. I'm such a sucker for those big brown eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment