Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Recall

And I thought some social workers had way too much power over kids' lives....

The judge rewarded Sparky and DB's birth mom again despite the fact that she's not playing by the rules. She will be allowed to take them out of school (for Drama Boy it's testing week) to a three day parent/child rehab program. This is before she is even permitted unsupervised or overnight visits.

Yeah...ooooookay. After four years they suddenly need to be involved in her rehab? As the social worker said, it's her addiction not theirs and they've been removed from it for a while.

I'm just not gettin' it. Maybe it's just me.

2 comments:

  1. It is not just you. It ticks me off. Things like this happen all over the country. You'd think that after doing this job all of this time, you would be able to spot people like drama boys mom from a mile away.
    My kids' parents are excellent system manipulators, too. They can be charming on cue. It's very, very frustrating for those of us that do put the kids (and not the parents) first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the whole bring your kid to rehab thing makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. Hard.

    ReplyDelete